All laptops are different, however, they usually share similarities when it comes to taking out the main battery. If you are replacing a laptop battery, you can insert the new battery after removing the old battery.
Note: Many ultrabook laptops have batteries that are not accessible from the outside of the laptop. Removing the battery will require the help of a repair technician to open the laptop.
Easily replace battery, Follow these steps:
- Turn off your laptop and disconnect the AC adapter.
- Release the latch or other attachment devices that hold your battery in place.
- Slide the old battery out of its compartment or storage bay.
- Take the replacement battery out of the box.
- Slide it into the notch or bay.
- Close the safety latch to lock it into place.
- Reconnect the AC adapter and give the battery a full charge.
Although most laptops only have one latch, there are some that require you to slide two latches to remove the battery. On these laptops, the latches will still look similar to the examples above, but require you to move both at the same time, usually towards each other.
Finally, there are also some older laptops that require the latch to be pulled out and then pushed towards the battery.
No battery latch found
If you cannot find any battery latches or buttons for releasing the battery on the bottom of the laptop, it is possible the laptop utilizes a different mechanism to release the battery. The laptop may also need to be serviced by a licensed repair facility to have the battery removed through partial or full disassembly.
We recommend referring to the laptop documentation or check the manufacturer’s website for steps on how to remove the battery or if servicing is required to remove the battery.