- Use the battery until you charge it. When it’s fully charged unplug it and your battery will last longer, and, give better performance.
- Clean your desk. It sounds strange, but if you have a dusty, dirty desk, that dust will get into the vents and clog the cooling fan. Once the dust is inside your laptop, it is much harder to remove. You can try blasting it out with canned air, but you run the risk of damaging internal components. You can also remove the vent and clean out the grit, but remember that taking apart your laptop can void the warranty. So clean your desk at least once a week, if not daily.
- Be sure to charge up completely before you leave the house if there is no place to charge it where you are going.
- Mac laptops offer Expose to switch off the display temporarily. Use that whenever you are playing music and not using the display, or going out for a short duration.
- Take a break if your battery is running low.
- Don’t run games if the computer’s already hot.
- Turn off your WiFi connection when not using it.
Notebook Battery Using Tips: